2. What Personal Data do we collect?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending on the type of dealings we have with you and how you interact with us. Generally, we may process the following information:
- Personal Identification Information – Where you invest in a fund or other products of SFS Capital, make payments for our products and services, respond to a survey, or fill out a form, we will request for your demographic information, email address, telephone number, occupation and any other information we may deem necessary.
- Statistical Information – We may collect statistical information relating to your use of our website or other online services, including your server address, the pages you accessed, and documents downloaded, the type of browser you are using, technical information about your means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilized. We will not normally be able to identify you from such statistical information.
We may also collect personal data in the following ways:
- Information from our social media sites: We may collect information through your engagement with us on our social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter). This includes your replies to our posts, your comments, enquiries and support messages. However, we will only ask for information required to help us be of service to you.
- Third Parties: We may also receive your information from third parties such as financial institutions and service providers.
- Job Application: When you apply for a job with us, we will request Personal Data about your education and employment history. As part of your application, you will be asked to provide your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and any monitoring activities which may be required of us under applicable laws as an employer.
We may also carry out screening checks (reference, background and criminal record checks).
We may exchange your Personal Data with academic institutions, recruiters, health maintenance organisations, law enforcement agencies, referees and your previous employers.
Without your Personal Data, we may not be able to process your application for positions with us.
We do not collect information of minors.
3. Why Do We Collect your Personal Data?
SFS Capital collects your personal information in order to facilitate and manage our relationship with you. Specifically, we collect personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your application for investment in our funds or other products and establish your investment in our funds or products
- For Internal record keeping
- To respond to your enquiries
- To improve our products and services
- To provide you with information concerning products, services and opportunities we offer. We will not send unsolicited marketing communications to you by SMS or email if you have not opted in to receive them. Additionally, you can withdraw your consent at any time and free of charge
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligation and protection ourselves and you against fraud
- To assess proposed Data Subjects’ employability and other employee benefits-related purposes
We do not sell or market your personal information or personalised data to third parties.
4. What are our Collection Methods?
Typically, we receive personal data directly from Data Subjects. We may also receive personal data from third parties. The following are methods through which we collect personal information:
- Know Your Customer (KYC) forms
- Forum and feedback forms
- Enquiry forms
- Digital touch points
- Electronic means (emails, website and App)
- Employee engagement personal data forms
Third party’s data collection source:
- Individuals nominated and authorised by the Data Subject to engage us on his/her behalf
- Clients engaged to conduct screening checks on newly employed staff before confirmation of appointment.
In the case of data obtained from third party source, a copy of your consent given to the third party to transfer your data to SFS Capital shall suffice for our use and processing.
6. Record Retention Period
7. Sharing your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data or other information about you with others for the following reasons:
- With other companies that provide services to us: We may share Personal Data with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with services, verify your identity or provide customer support.
- With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law: We may share information about you with other parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- if we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations;
- to investigate violations of or enforce a user agreement or other legal terms applicable to any service;
- to companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and to support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- With your consent: We also will share your Personal Data and other information with your consent.
8. What Are Your Rights?
I. Requests to Access, Rectify or Erase
1. Access Request
You have the right to ask us whether we hold any Personal Data relating to you and, if we do, to be provided with a copy of that Personal Data in electronic form, unless you want to receive it in another way (for example, a paper copy). In addition, you can ask us for information on how we use your Personal Data, who we share it with, how long we keep it, where it is stored, and other information to help you understand how we use it.
2. Rectification Request
You have the right to ask us to correct your Personal Data if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data updated without undue delay. If we cannot correct the Personal Data, we include a note on our files regarding your request to correct your Personal Data.
3. Erasure Request
You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data if:
- Your Personal Data are no longer necessary for the purpose(s) they were collected for
- Your Personal Data have been unlawfully processed
- Your Personal Data must be erased to comply with a regulation
- You withdraw your consent for the processing of the Personal Data (and if this is the only basis on which we are processing your Personal Data)
- You object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests, provided there are no overriding legitimate grounds for continued processing, or
- You object to processing for direct marketing purposes.
If we have made the Personal Data concerned public, we will also take reasonable steps to inform other data controllers processing the data so they can seek to erase links to or copies of your Personal Data.
We may refuse to act on your request to erase your Personal Data if the processing of your Personal Data is necessary:
- To exercise our right of freedom of expression and information
- To comply with the NDPR and relevant Nigerian laws
- For the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or to exercise official authority vested in us
- To establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
In these cases, we can restrict the processing instead of erasing your Personal Data if requested to do so by you.
II. Requests to Object
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your Personal Data if we process it based on our legitimate interests. This includes any so-called “profiling”. Our privacy notice informs you when we rely on legitimate interests to process your Personal Data. In these cases, we will stop processing your Personal Data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate reasons for continuing the processing. We may reject your request if the processing of your Personal Data is needed to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
III. Requests to Restrict
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data if:
- You contest the accuracy of your Personal Data and we are in the process of verifying the Personal Data we hold
- The processing is unlawful and you do not want us to erase your Personal Data
- We no longer need your Personal Data for the original purpose(s) of processing, but you need them to establish, exercise or defend legal claims and you do not want us to delete the Personal Data as a result, or
- You have objected to processing carried out because of our legitimate interests while we verify if our legitimate grounds override yours.
If processing is restricted, we may process your Personal Data (except for storage purposes), only:
- If you have given us your consent
- For establishing, exercising or defending legal claims
- For protecting the rights of another natural or legal person, or
- For reasons of important public interest as defined under the NDPR and relevant Nigerian laws
Once processing is restricted following your request, we will inform you before we lift the restriction.
IV. Requests for Portability
You have the right to ask that we transfer any personal information that you have provided to us to another third party. Once transferred, the other party will be responsible for safeguarding such personal information.
Even if you request the portability of your Personal Data, you retain your right to also request their erasure.
V. Requests to Object to Automated Decisions
Generally, you have the right to object to any decision producing a legal effect concerning you or which otherwise significantly affects you if this is based solely on the automated processing of your Personal Data. This includes automated decisions based on profiling.
We may refuse your request if the decision in question is:
- Necessary to enter into a contract with you, or for the performance of your contract with us, or
- Permitted by regulations
We will only make decisions relying solely on automated processing that involve your sensitive Personal Data if you have given your explicit consent or the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, based on the NDPR and relevant laws.
9. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
All of your personal information is stored in a secure environment, where electronic and procedural safeguards have been put in place to mitigate against loss, misuse, damage or unauthorized access. The security measures include firewalls, physical access controls to our premises, CCTV cameras for public safety and quality control as well as information access authorisation controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and account/profile registration information and verifying that the Personal Data we maintain about you is accurate and current.
We will inform you of any breaches which may affect your Personal Data.
10. Remedies for Violation and Time-frame for Remedy
In the event of violation of this policy, our Data Protection Officer shall within 7 days redress the violation. Where the violation pertains to the disclosure of your Personal Data without your consent, such information shall be retracted immediately, and confirmation of the retraction sent to the you within 48 hours of the redress.
You acknowledge and agree that it is Your responsibility to review this Policy periodically and become aware of modifications.
12. Contact Us
SFS CAPITAL NIGERIA LIMITED
287 Ajose Adeogun Street
Victoria Island, Lagos
Phone Number: 01-280 1400